SECOND REFRESHING XPRESSION!
This is what our content teams have been up to these last two weeks...
We would like to introduce Women’s Hour Podcast series. In these five episodes the News Team come together to discuss and debate women’s issues such as feminism, the gender pay gap, contraception, slut shaming and many more! Find all episodes out now on our Mixcloud!
Xpression Goes Global presents its 8th episode where we discuss the realities of the year abroad and we talk to someone going on their year abroad next year, and their feelings towards it.
We are hugely excited to announce that in Collaboration with Exeposé Music we will be bringing BBC Music Day favourite Ciaran Austin back to Exeter for a show at Cavern on March 18th. Support comes from Sadie Horler and Nadya Kumar and we will be running a joint social with Exeposé Music for it, starting at the Chevalier at 6:30, tickets are available now.
We recently launched version 2 of the Music Show with loads of features and segments so there are now even more ways to get involved, tune in to hear album reviews, discussions, games and interviews with Newton Faulkner, Ady Sulieman and Saint Raymond Our
Xpression Session with local up and coming rapper Louis J Walker, who has been featured on BBC Introducing and will be supporting Example at Exeter Castle this summer, is now available on Mixcloud
Episode 14 of ‘Beer’ has been released. As Harold embarks on life in the culinary spotlight, preparing to be a Masterchef contestant, Rosie worries that Erica is replacing her as his confidante. On Zoe's advice, Sylvie begins to seduce Rich to get justice for Billy.
You can catch our new episode of ‘Do you think I’m Crazy?’ which is a dark psychological short in which an asylum patient reveals all to his doctor, on our mixcloud https://m.mixcloud.com/XpressionScripted/
Last weeks Saturday Sports Show featured inspiring Senior Women’s Rowers Danielle and Izzy. Listen back to find out how rowing works and what it’s like to be a rower at international and university level on our Mixcloud!
Refreshing Xpression is our new fortnightly feature all about showing you the new projects our different teams have been working on. Go onto our accounts on any of our social media, or visit our website, to see each edition and be the first to find out about our upcoming events and listen to our podcasts.
In this week’s edition…
- The newest episode of our radio drama ‘Beer’ has been released. This episode follows Harold’s journey as he prepares to leave Beer for London because he will be participating in a televised cooking show. Sylvie and Billie finally start to give a relationship a go, but how will they move on when Rich, Sylvie’s ex, is just around the corner? To find out, give this a listen on: https://m.mixcloud.com/XpressionScripted/beer-ep12/.
- Look out for our up and coming drama serials including a new dark thriller ‘Hear No Evil’ and a one-off comedy drama. More to come soon.
- Catch the latest interview with Exeter University’s Women’s Rugby Club (EUWRFC) on https://www.mixcloud.com/xpressionsport/womens-rugby-interview-190119/. In this interview we discuss two member’s experiences since joining the club and also the increased participation on the sport.
You can also listen to the lasted Tuesday Night Sport show on our Xpression Sport's Mixcloud. This week was not one to be missed as we covered some exciting action from the Champion’s league as Manchester United hosted PSG and Roma took on Porto.
- The highlight of our year happened a few weekends ago – The SRA Chart Show! You can catch this on: https://www.mixcloud.com/XpressionFMMusic/xpressionfms-sra-chart-show-2019/. Alongside this, we hosted an amazing 24 hours live, with a live act every hour during the build-up to the top twenty tunes, which you can also find on our Mixcloud profile.
- Our Hot Seat with Mala Tribich MBE, a holocaust survivor, is not one to be missed. In this programme, we hear the harrowing stories of living through WW2 as a Jew from Mala herself. We also hear Lottie Rayner’s reflections on the conference at which Mala spoke, talking of her own background and experiences of learning about WW2 from the view of a half German. Find out more on www.mixcloud.com/xpressionnews/the-hot-seat-lottie-rayner-and-interview-with-mala-tribich-mbe/
- The long-awaited third part of Lottie Rayner’s #MeToo Podcast has officially been released. In this episode Lottie discusses the aftermath of sexual harassment and assault looking at the healing process of victims, as well as the conviction process and false allegations. To hear the anonymous stories from victims of sexual assault and what the consequences have been, alongside debates surrounding the reporting and conviction process, go to our mixcloud page: https://www.mixcloud.com/xpressionnews/metoo-podcast-the-aftermath-of-sexual-harassment-and-assault/
- The latest episode of Xpression Goes Global is also available on our Mixcloud page. In this episode we explore perceptions of racism abroad, the issues some of our foreign correspondents have faced and what some universities are doing to tackle it. Tune in again this week on Friday at 17:00 for our latest reports.
Next up... Our Alumni Weekend!
Our annual Alumni Weekend is happening this year from March 1st - March 3rd. Xpression Sport invites you too our annual Charity Match, in aid of the Adam Stansfield Foundation!
Come along to St James School on the 2nd to watch a team of Xpression Sport pundits take on some Xpression Alumni in this highly anticipated match - don't miss out!
If you can, please donate to this deserving charity on our Just Giving page, https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/xpression-sport2019